So I realized that I can post something and not have to post pictures....that's usually why I blog - I have pics to share - but not today. :) A week and a half ago, Dave and I visited Lowe's and found this book on Square Foot Gardening. Long story short......we now have 6 nicely put together (thanks Dave) and painted (thanks Cori and Megan) 4X4 wooden boxes to start our garden in. We've had a garden every summer since we've been married, but neither one of us enjoys weeds. This method mostly does away with weeds and to make it even more inticing - you never have to till the ground again!!!! I will post more later with pics - I just had to share my enthusiasm with you all.
Closing out 2023
2 years ago

6 comments:
When's Dave building mine?
We are well into our garden season with no garden in sight! I have however been busy in the yard. We have SO many trees, plants and bushes to tend to now. I am loving it. I have elephant ears!!
I failed to mention just how much I am going to miss YOUR garden!! You were always kind enough to share. =(
Your boxes looked great! I'm impressed--painted & everything! Our kids always LOVE helping plant & take care of our garden too. It's fun and the produce is so yummy!
I ordered your book from Amazon...it should be here tomorrow! I am excited to give it a try. I don't plan on doing 6 though! Sheesh! I may be calling you for pointers.
I got the book too after you showed it to us at playgroup. Now I just need a weekend to put some boxes together. I can't believe you're doing 6--way to be ambitious!
Post a Comment