Monday, May 11, 2009

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

I don't think we've ever had a more rainy Spring, but it has done wonders for the green things in the ground - I love watching for new growth each day, especially from the newly planted garden. We planted 2 weeks ago - using seeds for everything except tomatoes and green peppers. And thanks to the rain, I haven't had to water a bit! The seeds we planted are: spaghetti squash, watermelon, zucchini, crookneck, butternut, lots of green beans and beets, peas, strawberries, onions, 4 types of lettuce, jalapenos, cilantro, several different herbs.....can't think of anything else - oh yeah, carrots.
Also, last week we took advantage of a friend's free offer of a kitten. We named him Sprite - he's 2 months old and still an adorable cat. I haven't been able to get a good picture because he won't sit still,but I'll include the silly one of him climbing on a bike. To any friends who might have cat allergies - he's not an indoor cat :) He sleeps in odd places in the garage...preferring the engine of the car and shelves to his comfy bed that we made him.
I guess that's all - I'm going to attempt to add some pictures now....this is why I don't blog very often. I really need someone to sit down with me and show me the basics.

ONE MORE THING - PLEASE POST PICS OF YOUR GARDENS _ I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!! :)

5 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Way to go, Cori! Your garden looks awesome! We just started filling our boxes with dirt yesterday and need to build the support system for the tomatoes and zucchini. Hopefully I'll get to plant by the end of this week.

Nicole said...

Your garden is very impressive Cori! When you have veggies coming out your ears, you can share with me since I didn't plant one. =){hehe}

Darrell and Alissa said...

YOur garden looks great! Hmm, you want pictures of my garden- sorry, I tend to kill what I plant so if I actually had one the picture would be terribly sad of dead plants and dirt- beautiful!! In the next life I WILL have a garden that produces real fruit and veggies!!

Anonymous said...

I love the support system. Way to go! That is funny about the kitten. Hope the girls are enjoying him. I have to say, we love the name.

The Duckworth Family said...

I've been hoping you would post your garden! I'm totally going to do this! I have started all my seeds indoors as it was still pretty cold here when I got back from Utah two weeks ago. Most of them are growing okay, but it's finally warm and totally ready for my seedlings to be outside! Problem? I haven't built my boxes yet!? I'm going to do 3x3's and put them on my deck, it will be so nice to have them close by where I can keep better care and watch over them. Yours seems to be growing fabulously! Good job and thanks for the inspiration! Oh and it was fabulous seeing you in Utah, love ya!