Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weight and Wait.....

I am 3 days into my 500 calorie a day diet...and the wait is killing me. I have never been much of a patient person. When I want something - I want it NOW. Thankfully this is a short term deal. Anyone can go into starvation mode for 3 weeks (Right?) I am learning a lot about my eating habits and that I eat waaaaaaay too much FAST food. (there's that patience thing again.) The funniest part of all of this is the delicious food I've been feeding my family...food that I can't eat because of this immensely restricting diet. I made them my favorite zucchini casserole 2 nights ago. The next day for lunch was homemade chili cheese dogs. But tonight takes the cake. I had picked a bunch of green beans yesterday and googled green bean recipes, but after realizing I had no bacon (and every good green bean recipe calls for bacon) I settled on the generic green bean casserole, but I made the onion topping from scratch. I partnered the beans with yummy pork roast. It smelled divine. And so I wait and starve and wait and starve some more. Seriously I am excited about this diet, although it is tougher than I expected. If any of you are interested in taking a look at the info online go to http://hcgdietinfo.com/.

Some of the pros of this diet (besides the obvious weight loss):
  1. No need to have a napkin while you eat - you lick every morsel off your fingers
  2. Vinegar is your new best friend (I've always liked it - now I LOVE it)
  3. Get out of cleaning up the dinner dishes (Dave feels bad for me since I want to lick all the dishes clean instead of use the dishwasher)
  4. The food I do get to eat is very yummy.

Here is what the kids ate tonight:

Here is what I ate: steamed cinnamon apples, imitation crab, celery, and 2 small melba rounds.

7 comments:

De Anne said...

I can't for the life of me figure out why you are doing this to yourself. I can't imagine you 1 pound lighter than you are now. Eating fast food isn't healthy, but starving isn't either. Too few calories can actually help you breakdown muscle mass which is not what you want. Please be careful. Love ya!

Familia Morales said...

Wow Cori. I'm gonna go along with what DeAnne said. That and be careful with the exercise...I don't want you passing out on the tennis court or in yoga. The cinnamon apples look good, and pass on the recipe for the zucchini casserole.

Lacey said...

I agree with the above, are you really only eating 500 calories a day? That is insane, but more power to you. When I did Fit for Life last year, I lost a ton of inches in 12 weeks by eating 1200 calories a day and exercising. I thought 1200 calories wasn't a lot. 500 is worse. Good luck. Still don't understand where you are going to lose the weight from.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Hmmm, I am noticing a trend- no one thinks you should be loosing any weight! Why in the world ar eyou doing this?! I would LOVE to have your cute body!Good luck- 500 calories... isn't that like what the people in poverty eat?! Do you need some food then you don't have to starve yourself?!:)

The Terry's said...

"Weigh" to go Cor!! You have to have so much willpower to be able to do that! Just remember to exercise lots so your body doesn't start using your muscle mass for energy instead of fat. I must say that 500 cals a day does qualify as anorexia. Take it from someone who has studied it waaaay to much! :) SO BE CAREFUL! I love you so much! --I lost your number. Call me, or I will try to remember to get it from mom.

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

Thank you so much for commenting on Clark's blog. It has been quite the experience! I don't think we will ever know how far this has reached, the impact it's made, and the ripples that continue to grow. You have such a cute family. Thank you for keeping Clark in your prayers and using his trial to strengthen your family. If no good came out of all this it would be a shame. God works in mysterious ways. I'm humbled to see the power in His hands and the mighty work he is performing. Again, thank you for letting us know how He's touched you!

The Duckworth Family said...

I can't believe you are doing that. You crazy ladeis, although my mom loves it. Do you honestly need to lose weight that bad? Janine has done so great and lost 53 so I'll stick to our norm....but have fun with it! love ya girl