The Chronicles of David, Cori and their kids, Hannah, Wesley, Alyssa, Megan
Friday, October 30, 2009
I have memories as a small child on Saturday nights (after our hair had partially dried from bath time) of my mom putting sponge rollers in our hair for church the next day. What a big job that must have been for her (as she had 5 little girls - and 1 boy before I had even turned 8.) The best part of this memory is the clean pair of silk panties that mom had sewn the leg seams shut, and we would wear these as caps to keep the curlers in place. I have to admit, I have always wanted to try this on my girls, but I hated sleeping in my curlers every Saturday night, so I have been unsure about torturing my kids this way....until today. (Well she didn't have to sleep in it....yet) Megan wanted to be a ballerina (again) and her hair is too short to put in a bun, so the rollers entered the picture. I might have went a little overboard with my first attempt at sponge rollers....she looks like a cross between a clown and a really bad Afro, but I loved it anyway. We had to have a modeling session afterward and I have to add that she poses herself....
I think you should torture little Meg with sponge curlers every Saturday nite - just like you were tortured... I remember those days well - mom always did her best to have you children look your very best on Sunday...
Thanks for refreshing my memory of the Thanksgiving in Ramona -- the feathers and the big paper turkey...i love you Cori - have a happy thanksgiving tomorrow - always have an attitude of gratitude... I am so grateful for you and your wonderful family. Dad
7 comments:
too cute! what a ham you have there!
Ha ha! I love it!
I remember sleeping in those pink sponge curlers on Saturday night and the night before school pictures. I loved having "boinging" curls (ringlets).
Very cute. All my girls have been known to sleep in the pink curlers (or pink & blue). I love the panties idea. I'd have never thought of that.
So cute!
I think you should torture little Meg with sponge curlers every Saturday nite - just like you were tortured...
I remember those days well - mom always did her best to have you children look your very best on Sunday...
Thanks for refreshing my memory of the Thanksgiving in Ramona -- the feathers and the big paper turkey...i love you Cori - have a happy thanksgiving tomorrow - always have an attitude of gratitude... I am so grateful for you and your wonderful family.
Dad
She looks JUST like you!
Post a Comment